More than 1 billion users worldwide are using Gmail account every day. Many of them lose their account for the lack of security knowledge. We all do our important communication through email. So the security of Gmail account is a must needed one. Today I am going to show you how you can secure your Gmail account. So stay with me until the end.
Enable two-step verification
Two-step verification is right now probably the best way to secure any account.In Gmail, you can secure your account by enabling two-step verification through your mobile phone. So follow this two-step to enable your two-step verification for best security of your Gmail Account.
- LonIn to your Gmail account.
- Go to ‘My Account’ from the pop-up menu at the top right of your profile.
- Click “Sign-in & Security” option from the left side.
- Here you will find the “2-step Verification option” under the “password & sign-in method” panel.
- Click 2-step verification and Gmail will ask to verify your account using your phone number.
- Enter your personal phone number that you want to secure your account.
- A 6 digit code will come to your phone and enter the code number to verify.
- After completion, you will see that you 2-step verification is enabled.
After enabling, every time you log-in to your Gmail account from new device Google will send your code to your mobile phone to verify it.
Account Recovery Option
What happened if you lost your phone. By set your account recovery option you can recover your account anytime. So follow this step to set your account recovery option properly.
- Firstly, Log-in to your account.
- Go to “My Account” option like You did it in two-step verification.
- Go again “Sign-In & Security” option like before you did.
- Look for the “account recovery option ” just under the “2-step verification” option.
- You will find two option there. One is “Recovery Email” and another one is “Recovery Phone”.
- Provide your Email and phone number to that two option and do the following necessaries.
After completion, whenever you can’t access your Gmail account you can immediately recover your account by using your recovery “Email & Phone Number”.
Conclusion: Use your active mobile number and keep your phone all the time with you so that anywhere you can log-in to your account.